Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Assists Dining Room Mgr maintain high quality standards in regard to food/beverage service, safety & sanitation. Strives to increase revenues & decrease costs. Gives personal best in service. Demonstrates commitment to guest satisfaction/empl relations. Assists in other departments or other duties as requested or necessary.
- Assists the Dining Room Manager in all facets of the Dining Room operation including, but not limited to, the following duties:
Assists or takes the place of staff members when necessary.
Takes the place of the Dining Room Manager when he/she is not present.
- Collects currency and keeps an accurate account for control.
- Gives receipt with every transaction.
- Enforces all Company policies and regulations.
- Ensures good safety practices of employees and guests throughout the property.
- Ensures Dining Room controls are met.
- Ensures standards of appearance and sanitation are maintained on a daily basis.
- Ensures that all daily reports are sent to Corporate Food and Beverage office, i.e., Labor, Sanitation, Void Reports.
- Handles guest concerns in a professional manner.
- Holds daily pre-shift meeting.
- Maintains line of communication between Dining Room, Kitchen and other departments.
- Maintains time cards daily, records overtime and is responsible for monthly profit and loss statements. Completes nightly reports.
- Manages (plans, directs, schedules, supervises, evaluates, rewards and disciplines) all work done by a staff of 15-35 dining room employees.
- Provides directional flow of Dining Room during service.
- Willing to train employees with no F&B experience, and provide on-going training for employees during the season.
- Responsible for designing and/or implementing sales goals and incentive programs.
- Responsible for following Provincial and National Park Service policies and regulations for serving alcoholic beverages in a responsible manner.
- Responsible for the ordering, receipt and storage of all Dining Room equipment including china, glass, silver and paper to ensure a minimum loss from waste or theft.
- Takes fast and appropriate action to solve problems.
- Will assist in banquets as assigned.
- Will obey all hotel rules and regulations.
2-4 years college in management, hospitality management, or related field required.
2-4 years experience in supervisory position required, preferably in a dining/restaurant setting.
Able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
Exhibits good leadership skills in communication.
Speaks well and can motivate others.
Hospitality computer systems experience desirable.
Must be 18 years of age or older.
Must be able to work varied shifts.
Must be team-oriented.
Must have knowledge of food and labor cost controls.
Must have some knowledge of cooking and time preparation in kitchen.
Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
Serving/restaurant experience required.
Must have in-depth experience of service standards.
Strong interpersonal skills required.
Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
Writes clearly and precisely with meaning.
- Job requires walking, bending, handling, reaching, grasping, lifting 12+Kgs., and repetitive motions.
- Non-smoking environment.
- Restaurant/dining room in a historic hotel.