Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Checks guests in or out of hotel in a courteous, enthusiastic and efficient manner. Handles money, guest inquiries/complaints, telephones, and computerized registration system with attention to detail while giving personal best in service. Provides friendly, efficient and professional service.
- Registers and assigns rooms to guests. Issues room keys and escort instructions to bellstaff.
- Transmits and receives messages. Date-stamps, sorts and tracks incoming mail and messages.
- May make and confirm reservations for other GPI locations according to procedure.
- Offers information pertaining to available services, points of interest and entertainment attractions.
- Provides quotes for tours/transportation, sells tickets and receives payment.
- Makes reservations for outside activities such as rafting or guided hikes. May arrange for other special guest services on request.
- Presents statements to departing guests and receives payment, counts money to verify amounts, records monetary transactions, and issues receipts for funds received. Issues change when necessary.
- Cooperates with the Guest ServiceS Manager to coordinate all buses leaving or arriving at each location.
- Handles all phases of tour arrivals to provide a smooth and orderly flow of guests. May include meeting group tour escorts, tour check-in, collecting money and fees, and preparing coupons.
- Prepares folios for each guest account. Records advance deposits, credit transfers, cash and check payments and tour tickets. Records dining room, bar, and gratuity charges. Keeps ledger on all cash transactions.
- Notifies Guest Services Manager of all guest complaints. May request refunds, but may not provide without manager’s approval.
- Receives and coordinates wake-up calls. May forward guest mail.
- Should be knowledgeable of Glacier National Park and all of its facilities and activities so that information passed to guests is informative and accurate.
- May handle lost and found items, tagging them with the date and place found, following proper procedures for forwarding to the Housekeeping Department.
- Reconciles all transactions in order to verify daily drop amounts.
- Assists guests with retail items and processes the sale at applicable locations only.
- Performs clerical duties such as typing, proof reading or sorting mail.
- Operates Merlyn or PBX switchboard to relay incoming, outgoing, interoffice and long distance calls. May supply information to callers and record messages.
- Continually works with housekeeping to update the status of arrivals, departures, and room status.
- Keeps alphabetical up-to-date list of all guest room numbers for ready reference.
- Adheres to all Company policies and regulations.
- Completes all other tasks as assigned by Guest Services Manager.
- Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary. Guest Services Agent will be required to work the graveyard shift on a rotating basis.
- Functions will also include the following:
- Prepares Express Checkout folios for delivery and coordinates delivery with security.
- Provides key inventory to Guest Services Manager daily.
- Prepares statements, folios, and key envelopes for following day.
- Cleans lobby and front desk area as needed or requested.
- Knowledge of common office machines, i.e., computers, typewriters, calculators, cash registers, etc. required. Must be able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Must be able to speak, read, write and understand English.
- Must be able to work varied shifts, weekends and holidays.
- Must be team-oriented. Must have good organizational skills.
- Must learn and memorize Waterton Lakes National Park’s history and point of interest.
- Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits. Previous Front Desk, switchboard and/or multi-line telephone experience helpful.
- Must be able to handle cash & cash conversations.
- Front Desk area of historic hotel.
- Job requires constant standing and walking.
- Non-smoking environment.
- Job requires working long hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.