Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Assists the Guest Services Manager in coordinating Front Office activities and staff to ensure a positive guest experience. Provides information to guests and staff in a courteous, enthusiastic, and efficient manner. Gives personal best in service.
- Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies, services, and reservations for rooms, and other outside activities.
- Ensures guests requests are handled in a friendly and efficient manner.
- Assists in handling all phases of tour arrivals to provide a smooth and orderly flow of guests. May include meeting group tour escorts, tour check-in, collecting money and fees, and preparing coupons.
- Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
- Assists the Guest Services Manager in scheduling necessary to ensure proper coverage of necessary functions.
- Assists the Housekeeping Manager in ensuring that the lobby, public restrooms and all other public areas are cleaned.
- Enforces and follows all Company policies and regulations.
- Is an active member of the Emergency Action Team.
- Keeps lines of communication open with other departments to ensure coordination of hotel activities. Works closely with Groups Department, Central Reservations and Housekeeping to avoid reservation and guest service errors.
- Must be knowledgeable of Waterton-Glacier and all of its facilities and activities so that information passed to guests is informative and accurate.
- Responsible for printing and distributing all property reports to each department head to ensure a smoothly run operation.
- Trains and supervises Guest Services Associates in the absence of the Guest Services Manager.
- Knows all related job functions, inclusive of tour/transportation information.
- Will transfer funds and be responsible for a cash bank, and the daily balancing of all funds received through the Front Office.
- Knowledge of common office machines, i.e., computers, typewriters, calculators, cash registers, etc. required. Must be able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
- Previous Front Desk experience preferred.
- Some knowledge of general bookkeeping required.
- Must be able to handle cash & cash drawers.
Front Desk area of historic hotel.
Job requires constant standing and walking.
Job requires working long hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.