Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Coordinates Front Office activities/staff to include resolution of problems arising from guest complaints, reservations, room assignments & unusual requests/inquiries. Uses computerized guest registration system & gives personal best in service.
- Schedules Guest Services Agents and Bellstaff to ensure proper coverage of necessary functions.
Manages (plans, directs, supervises, evaluates, rewards, and disciplines) all tasks performed by Guest Services personnel.
Trains and supervises Guest Services and Bellstaff personnel. Knows all related job functions of both, inclusive of tour/transportation information.
Keeps open lines of communication with other departments to ensure coordination of hotel activities. Works closely with Central Reservations department (CRES), Housekeeping, and Transportation Offices.
Responsible for all room blocking daily and ensures that guest requests are handled efficiently.
Answers inquiries pertaining to hotel policies, services and reservations for rooms, tour/transportation needs and outside activities.
Greets VIP guests and keeps Location Manager informed of all unusual or important happenings.
Resolves all customer complaints to the satisfaction of both the guest and GPI. Works with Rooms Division Director, Location Manager, and CRES Manager on issues of refunds and other compensation.
Handles all phases of tour arrivals to provide a smooth and orderly flow of guests. May include meeting group tour escorts, tour check-in, collecting money and fees, and preparing coupons.
Coordinates drivers at each location. Responsible for daily lineup of drivers at their location, checking for proper uniforms, grooming, etc. Posts driver dispatch lineups and passenger manifests.
Coordinates bellstaff in the dispatching and receiving of all buses leaving or arriving at each location, or assigns responsible Front Office Associate(s). Oversees the loading of baggage and seating of passengers.
Responsible for Room Revenue Report, Daily Transportation Reports and all other reporting functions necessary for the smooth operation of the front office.
May transfer funds and be responsible for a cash bank, daily balancing of all funds received through the Front Office and Information/Transportation Desk.
- Assists the Housekeeping Manager in overseeing the Porter, ensuring the lobby, public restrooms and all other public areas are clean.
Is an active member of the Emergency Action Team or designates a member of the bellstaff to participate. Counsels Bellstaff in acting as the secondary eyes and ears of security for the establishment.
Must be knowledgeable of Waterton Lakes National Park and all of its facilities and activies so that information passed to Guests is informative and accurate.
Enforces and follows all Company policies and regulations.
Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary
- Knowledge of common office machines, i.e., computers, calculators, etc. required.
- Must be able to handle guest concerns in a tactful and caring manner.
- Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with guests and co-workers.
- Must be team-oriented.
- Must possess good organizational skills.
- Must possess neat and pleasant grooming habits.
- Previous Guest Services experience preferred.
- Some knowledge of general bookkeeping required.
- Must be able to handle cash & cash conversations.
- Must be able to manage employee issues with tact & professionalism.
- Must be able to work within a budget and create a productive & fair work schedule.
- Front Desk area of historic hotel or motor inn.
- Job requires constant standing and walking.
- Non-smoking environment.
- Job requires working long hours, evenings, weekends and holidays.