Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Ensures highest quality standards of Housekeeping are maintained for our guests, Company, and the National Park Service. Daily guest room and public area cleaning including making beds, cleaning bathrooms, dusting, vacuuming, preventative maintenance, handling guest requests, etc. with attention to details and giving your personal best in service. Lifting, bending, and excessive movement involved.
- Cleans rooms and bathrooms in assigned workstation performing any combination of the following tasks and duties: strips and remakes beds, rollaways and cribs; sweeps and mops floors, vacuums carpets, dusts and polishes furniture and fixtures, cleans windowsills and porches, brushes curtains, draperies and upholstered furniture; empties and cleans wastebaskets and relines with plastic liner; cleans ashtrays and plastic ice buckets; replenishes towels, bathmats, wash cloths, soap, and amenity and dresser supplies; cleans shower, bathtub, shower curtain and toilet; and restocks tissue.
- May wash walls, woodwork and windows.
- May assist housepersons/porters in sorting, counting, folding and carrying of linen and supplies by hand or housekeeping cart.
- May replace light bulbs.
- Leaves advertising matter, glasses, stationery, etc. according to policy.
- Checks room and bathroom thoroughly for working lamps, heater, leaking faucets, broken furniture, running toilet or other missing or damaged articles.
- Makes minor repairs when possible and reports all other findings immediately to Housekeeping Manager.
- On completion of room, telephones Housekeeping Manager/Office to report room is ready for occupancy.
- Locks door and returns all keys to Housekeeping Manager or Front Desk. Reports any unusual guest conduct.
- May render personal assistance to room guest if in line of duty.
- Adheres to all Company policies and regulations.
- Adheres to strong environmental and safety ethics by following the standards set forth in our environmental and safety programs.
- Assists in other departments or with other job duties as requested or necessary.
- The Housekeeping Manager, Asst. Housekeeping Manager, Lead Room Attendant or other Housekeeping representative will provide training which will include the review of the Housekeeping Manual, and the understanding and training in HOW-WHAT-WHEN-WHY use of approved/authorized detergents, chemicals in the daily cleaning of guest accommodations, bathrooms and public areas.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Commitment to the quality Housekeeping Standards learned during the training period.
- Must be able to handle guest concerns in a professional and tactful manner.
- Must be able to relate with guests in a courteous and friendly manner.
- Must be organized, with an eye for detail.
- Must complete mandatory training period after arrival at appointed location.
1. Guest accomodation and public areas of Grouse Mountain Lodge.
2. Job requires constant walking, bending, lifting and climbing of stairs.
3. Non-smoking environment.