Please Enable Cookies to Continue
Please enable cookies in your browser to experience all the personalized features of this site, including the ability to apply for a job.
Works on the line, to produce quality hot/cold food for guests and employees in a clean, safe, sanitary environment. Follows company recipes and gives personal best in service. Will also assist in preps, dishes and other departments as requested or necessary.
- Assists in all bi-monthly inventories. Assists in development of Second Cooks.
- May periodically train new employees or staff from other departments.
- Assists in the monitoring of all pre-set food and labor budgets and costs.
- Checks supplies and prep lists and ensures all items are prepped in a timely fashion.
- Completes GPI Sanitation program and complies with all health and safety codes in handling and storage of all food products and kitchen equipment.
- Enforces all company policies, regulations, and standards as set by the Executive Chef and Company.
- Prepares, seasons, and cooks a wide variety of meats, vegetables, soups, breakfast dishes, and other food items in accordance with prescribed recipes.
- Slices, grinds, and cooks meats and vegetables using a full range of cooking methods.
- Produces a quality product in a timely fashion for guests and staff.
- Replenishes service lines as needed.
- Reports to work on time in a neat and clean uniform.
- Takes leadership responsibility during absence of the Location Chef and Sous Chef.
- Uses dish machine to properly and safely clean dishes, utensils, pots, pans, and glassware.
- Works in designated station as set by Location Chef and/or Sous Chef.
- 2-3 years experience as a Lead Cook, First Cook, or is a culinary school graduate preferred.
- Good organization and communication skills required.
- Must be familiar with the operation of kitchen equipment.
- Must be knowledgeable in plate presentation – depth, flavor and guest needs.
- Must be team-oriented, positive and upbeat.
- Must have capability to demand quality and maintain guest satisfaction with tact and discretion.
- Must have general knowledge of all areas of food preparation, specifically soups, sauces, entrees, vegetable preparation and a la carte cooking.
- Sanitation certification preferred.
- Should be able to read and write clearly.
- Strong interpersonal skills required.
- Must be pleasant, helpful, friendly, outgoing, enthusiastic and courteous in dealing with co-workers.
- Strong knife skills and ability to accomplish tasks as directed by Sous or Location Chef.
- Job requires standing for long periods of time, walking, bending, handling, reaching, grasping, lifting 50 pounds, and repetitive motions.
- Kitchen environment may have times of high noise levels.
- Kitchen/EDR in a historic hotel/motor inn. Climate control may or may not be present.
- Non-smoking environment.
- Varied hours, both AM & PM.